pupa-devel

Draft for extensible multiboot header

From: bddebian
Subject: Draft for extensible multiboot header
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:41:32 -0400

Hello,

I have started on trying to create a more extensible boot header.  Here is what
I have so far:

struct mbv2_header
    {
        unsigned magic;
        unsigned header_addr;
        unsigned load_addr;
        unsigned load_end_addr;
        unsigned bss_end_addr;
        unsigned entry_addr;
        mbv2_flag_t flags;
    };

struct mbv2_flag
    {
        mbv2_flag_t type;
        size_t length;
        char data[0];
    };

typedef struct mbv2_flag
    {
        mbv2_flag_type_t type;
        size_t length;
        char data[0];
    } mbv2_flag_t;

Flag is probably not the appropriate term at this point.  But it begs the
question.  Are any flags "required" that could not be replaced with this
structure?  Obviously I am missing the enum for the mbv2_flag_type_t also.

Any thoughts?  As I have said before, I am a n00b so please don't be too harsh
on me!! :-)

Thanks,

Barry deFreese
H4XX0r Wannabe