qemacs-devel

[Qemacs-devel] Entering non-ASCII characters in tty

From: klists
Subject: [Qemacs-devel] Entering non-ASCII characters in tty
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:16:25 +0100

Hi!

I'm impressed by qemacs feature list, speed, multilingualigy and its
ability to open very large files while offering an Emacs look and
feel.

However, I do have a problem when using qemacs in a console window,
namely that I cannot enter non-ASCII characters such as äöü regardless
of the encoding chosen (I've tried Latin-1 or UTF-8). Instead, I get
only question marks. This is annoying since this feature would make
qemacs an ideal console editor e. g. in combination with mutt.

Entering those characters in qemacs in X-window mode or in other
console applications such as vim and the bash itself works without
problems.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,