qemacs-devel

Re: [Qemacs-devel] Entering non-ASCII characters in tty

From: d00-mth
Subject: Re: [Qemacs-devel] Entering non-ASCII characters in tty
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:39:29 +0100 (MET)

> On Sun, 20-11-21, 2004 at 04:33:51PM +0100, Max Thoursie wrote:
> Any idea how one could force a better input method that doesn't have
> this strange behaviour?

Had a look in the source. I don't really know how it's intended to work,
but I found out my tty.c detects an utf-8 charset, but my input seems to
be in latin-1. If I disable the charset detection in tty.c lines 112-114,
and therby force a latin-1 charset, I can use the latin-1 characters
without problems.

regards
/max