qemacs-devel

Re: force target in QEmacs makefile - fatal: not a git repository

From: Piscium
Subject: Re: force target in QEmacs makefile - fatal: not a git repository
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 12:52:07 +0100

On Thu, 4 Aug 2022 at 12:12, Charlie Gordon <qemacs@chqrlie.org> wrote:

> The build issue is not related to the force target, which is just an empty
> (dummy) target.

Yes, it is not not the force target 'per se' that was causing the
issue, but rather git being called.

> I bumped the version to 5.3.1

Thanks.

On a different subject, I came across your TODO list. It is huge! Lots
of features in there. I would however suggest that for a prospective
user (and I will take myself as an example) improved documentation of
the existing features and functionality would be more useful than
adding more features, at least in the short term. Qemacs, as it
stands, already has plenty of features, and of course there is emacs
itself which has all the features one could dream of for those that
need a full featured app! :-)