qemacs-devel

indent-tabs-mode

From: Piscium
Subject: indent-tabs-mode
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 08:48:24 +0100

Hi,

I did a copy and paste, saved the file, and diff unexpectedly showed a
difference. It turns out that qemacs by default converts tabs to
spaces. I have used a number of text editors over the years, I think
this is the first where it is set by default. Neither mg nor emacs do
that, for example.

I looked in the source code and found two ways of enabling the mode using M-x:
- with command set-indent-tabs-mode
- with command set-variable, passing as parameter indent-tabs-mode

So far so good, however I don't want to be doing this every time, so I
tried to put that in the configuration file but I could not make it
work. It seems that indent-tabs-mode is a window variable instead of a
global variable. Would that be the reason why it cannot be configured
in the config file? Or is there something else I am missing?

In a nutshell, what I am looking for is a way to enable the tabs mode
in the configuration file. I am running the latest version in github.