qemu-arm

Re: [Qemu-arm] [EXTERNAL] Re: Custom machine: Forcing initial boot addre

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-arm] [EXTERNAL] Re: Custom machine: Forcing initial boot address
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 15:41:12 +0100

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 at 15:37, Bensch, Alexander
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Sounds like I need to look over the documentation again. I may have
> misidentified which CPU the target device is using if cp15 is only present on
> the A series. As a side note, is there an overview for implementing a new
> board in QEMU? I've searched for a week but haven't been able to turn up
> anything comprehensive, and none of the currently existing boards seem to
> have followed any clear structure for implementation. Reference material for
> creating a device would really help me out.

No, I'm afraid we don't have documentation for creating new boards.
The best advice is to look at one of the more recently added
existing boards, and follow the kinds of things that it does.
Older board models and device models tend to use styles or
APIs that are deprecated or have better approaches nowadays.

thanks
-- PMM