qemu-block

Re: [RFC 5/8] static-analyzer: Enforce coroutine_fn restrictions on func

From: Víctor Colombo
Subject: Re: [RFC 5/8] static-analyzer: Enforce coroutine_fn restrictions on function pointers
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 14:46:06 -0300

On 04/07/2022 13:57, Alberto Faria wrote:
Hi Víctor,

On Mon, Jul 4, 2022 at 3:18 PM Víctor Colombo
<victor.colombo@eldorado.org.br> wrote:
And I receive an exception on the line above saying that node is of type
NoneType. Seems that `node = node.referenced` is setting `node` to None
in this case.

I was unable to understand the root cause of it. Is this an incorrect
usage of the tool from my part? Full error message below

Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of corner cases that libclang can
throw at us. I hadn't come across this one before. I expected that
DECL_REF_EXPR/MEMBER_REF_EXPR would always reference something.

This may be due to some build error -- libclang tries to continue
processing a translation unit by dropping subtrees or nodes that have
problems. Is there a "too many errors emitted, stopping now; this may
lead to false positives and negatives" line at the top of the script's
output?

Yes, this line is present at the beginning of the output
Is this caused by problems with the code being analyzed or is it because
libclang is getting confused with something that is outside of our
control?

--
Víctor Cora Colombo
Instituto de Pesquisas ELDORADO