qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Parallel make build fails on fast machine

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Parallel make build fails on fast machine
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2019 21:35:30 +0100

On Sat, 6 Jul 2019 at 11:28, Mark Cave-Ayland
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On 06/07/2019 11:16, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > If you just do 'make' rather than 'make install' does it fail the same way?
>
> Interesting. A quick test shows that "make V=1 -j2" works fine, it's just
> "make V=1
> -j2 install" which is failing.

Mmm. I suspect most people just do the plain make (with the make install
phase either never or as a second command afterwards), so missing-dependency
bugs between the install targets and the build targets are probably more
likely to lurk around. We should stil fix them, though, assuming we
can track them down...

thanks
-- PMM