qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 4.1.0-rc3 is now available

From: Marc-André Lureau
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 4.1.0-rc3 is now available
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 14:31:26 +0400

Hi

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 2:19 PM Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > We forgot to update the slirp submodule :(
> >
> > Were there any RC bugs in it?
>
> Ping! If we want to put this into an rc4 can we have a
> pull request with a justification on the mailing list
> sooner rather than later, please?

It's about a CVE-2019-14378, that Samuel fixed a few days ago:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/slirp/libslirp/commit/126c04acbabd7ad32c2b018fe10dfac2a3bc1210

Imho, it's not a regression, so no need to delay qemu release.

I would encourage distributions to switch to the shared library
version instead, so they can more easily and quickly apply updates.

--
Marc-André Lureau