qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] more automated/public CI for QEMU pullreqs

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] more automated/public CI for QEMU pullreqs
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 12:04:44 +0100

On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 at 11:50, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
> One-off tasks:
>
> 1. Create CI runners that offer similar cross-architecture coverage to
>    Peter's current setup.  qemu.org has some x86, ppc, and s390 server
>    resources available.  I'm not sure about ARM and other architectures.

Quick list of what I currently have:
 * freebsd/openbsd/netbsd -- these are just running the tests/vm stuff
 * an x86-64 machine doing the w32/w64 crossbuilds
 * aarch64
 * aarch32 (done via chroot on an aarch64 box)
 * osx
 * ppc64 (on a gcc compile farm machine)
 * s390 (on a machine Christian arranged for project use)
 * x86-64 various configs
 * there's also a sparc64 box in the gcc compile farm, but I am
   not currently using it because 'make check' hangs intermittently
   in a weird way that last time I tried to dig into it made me
   suspect a bug in the host kernel (we were doing a syscall with
   what seemed like a valid timeout and never timing out)

Of those the s390 is OK for project use. I'm not sure the gcc
compile farm stuff is recommended for fully automatic CI, so
if we can avoid that it would be better. Linaro can probably
provide some arm-server resources but I haven't checked/asked yet.

> 2. Write CI configuration to run Peter's "make && make check && make
>    check-tcg && linux-user-test".

My local scripting for all this is archived here:
https://git.linaro.org/people/peter.maydell/misc-scripts.git/tree

thanks
-- PMM