qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] libvhost-user: undefined reference to MADV_NOHUGEPAGE

From: Sandra Loosemore
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] libvhost-user: undefined reference to MADV_NOHUGEPAGE
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 19:42:40 -0600

On 8/27/19 6:39 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:
On 8/27/19 5:26 PM, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
Yesterday I tried to build the recent 4.1 release system-mode QEMU for
aarch64-none-elf and ran into a compilation error in
./contrib/libvhost-user/libvhost-user.c.

Why are you attempting to compile qemu for a non-hosted (aka bare metal)
configuration?  That is certainly not a supported thing to do.  We require
POSIX (or Win32) at a minimum.

I can only presume that you're intending a hosted configuration, and using a
cross-compiler that doesn't actually match up.  What is the intended host (and
libc if this is for Linux, since there are at least 3)?

Sorry if that was not clear. The target is aarch64-none-elf with the provided semihosting facilities in QEMU. The host is x86_64-linux-gnu. We deliberately link against a pretty old glibc sysroot (looks like version 2.11.1), but we did that for last year's 3.0 release as well, and haven't made any other changes in the configure options etc that we use to build QEMU for this target.

-Sandra