qemu-devel

Re: Vote against removing the bluetooth subsystem from Quemu.

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Vote against removing the bluetooth subsystem from Quemu.
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 14:17:25 +0000

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 at 14:13, Andreas Scheucher
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I found following note in the Qemu documentation: This option and the whole
> bluetooth subsystem is considered as deprecated. If you still use it, please
> send a mail to address@hidden where you describe your usecase.

> As GPU passthrough is becoming more and more common (to run Linux / Windows /
> Mac OS X simultaneously on the same host to prevent multiboot) on desktop
> systems, support for the use of the host Bluetooth device in Quemu VMs for
> sure will be a common use case: https://www.reddit.com/r/VFIO/

> For me personally I just want to set up a setup supporting Windows & Linux to
> use the first strong nVidia GPU for occasional gaming on Windows and video
> editing with DaVinci Resolve under CentOs.

Hi; thanks for your response. It's not clear from your email:
do you mean that you *currently, today* have a setup which uses
QEMU's bluetooth support; or do you just mean that you have
an idea for how you would like to use it in future ? The request
for users was really aimed mostly at finding if we had
any current users, because as far as we could tell the
code we have at the moment is just broken and doesn't
work at all.

thanks
-- PMM