qemu-devel

Re: Thouhgs about cross-platform signals and process

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: Thouhgs about cross-platform signals and process
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 12:42:37 +0200

On 03/09/2020 00.15, 罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo) wrote:
> Seems signal handling are common and process fork are common in qemu,
> I suggest wrapping those in utils library for easily and consistence
> access across different platforms(Win32/POSIX)

For fork()-related things, I guess we could use the functions from glib
most of the time.
Concerning signal handling, I have to say that I was surprised to see in
your patches that signal() is available with msys at all... is that
always working as expected? There must be a reason why we did not use it
in the QEMU code for things like the in the past...?

 Thomas