qemu-devel

Re: Thouhgs about cross-platform signals and process

From: Yonggang Luo
Subject: Re: Thouhgs about cross-platform signals and process
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 18:51:34 +0800

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 6:42 PM Thomas Huth <thuth@redhat.com> wrote:
On 03/09/2020 00.15, 罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo) wrote:
> Seems signal handling are common and process fork are common in qemu,
> I suggest wrapping those in utils library for easily and consistence
> access across different platforms(Win32/POSIX)

For fork()-related things, I guess we could use the functions from glib
most of the time.
Concerning signal handling, I have to say that I was surprised to see in
your patches that signal() is available with msys at all... is that
signal is already provide by MSVC runtime,  just not as much functional as posix.
always working as expected? There must be a reason why we did not use it
in the QEMU code for things like the in the past...?
This need someone know that to answer, or maybe just because Win32 are poorly maintained.

 Thomas

--
         此致

罗勇刚