qemu-devel

Re: [RFC] QEMU as Xcode project on macOS

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [RFC] QEMU as Xcode project on macOS
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 13:56:51 +0300

> On 10 Sep 2020, at 13:45, Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> AFAICT both MacPorts and HomeBrew can be installed into custom locations,
> at least if you do a "from source" install of them, rather than using the
> pre-built packages.

Yes, I use this for HomeBrew, but generally you cannot select the individual
versions for libraries and tools, the Ruby code used to build packages is in a
Git, you can checkout a moment in time, but you get the selection of versions
at that moment.

If you try using individual Ruby files for different packages, you generally
run into dependency issues.

Regards,

Liviu