qemu-devel

Re: [PULL v2 00/11] testing and configure updates

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: [PULL v2 00/11] testing and configure updates
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 16:52:42 +0000

Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> writes:

> On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 at 11:54, Alex Bennée <alex.bennee@linaro.org> wrote:
>>

>> Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> writes:
>> > No, the 'alldbg' build is the one that does do a 'make clean';
>> > the build-not-from-clean build worked (presumably because the
>> > old executable was still left in place from the previous build).
>>
>> Hmm I wonder if it's related to the configure options then. What's your
>> configure setup for that build?
>
> '../../configure' '--cc=ccache gcc' '--enable-debug'
> '--python=python3'

So I did the following:

  git checkout af3f37319cb1e1ca0c42842ecdbd1bcfc64a4b6f
  cd build/bisect
  rm -rf *
  '../../configure' '--cc=ccache gcc' '--enable-debug' '--python=python3'
  make -j30
  make check-qtest

All ok, then

   git checkout pull-testing-171220-2
   cd build/bisect
   make clean
   ag -r "moxie" | wc -l

And sure enough there is a lot of detritus left (21 lines by ag's
counting). However:

  make -j30
  make check-qtest

still passes and doesn't attempt to do anything with moxie. So I'm kind
of stuck as to what to do now? Maybe we can compare detritus and see
what is left in your tree that causes the test system to get confused
and make "clean" really mean it.

  $ ag -l -r "moxie"
  Makefile.ninja
  moxie-softmmu-config-target.h
  qapi/qapi-visit-misc-target.c
  qapi/qapi-events-misc-target.h
  qapi/qapi-types-machine.h
  qapi/qapi-introspect.c
  qapi/qapi-types-misc-target.h
  qapi/qapi-visit-machine.c
  qapi/qapi-visit-misc-target.h
  qapi/qapi-events-misc-target.c
  qapi/qapi-types-machine.c
  meson-info/intro-buildsystem_files.json
  docs/qemu-qmp-ref.7
  docs/interop/qemu-qmp-ref.html
  docs/system/deprecated.html
  docs/system/index.html
  moxie-softmmu-config-devices.mak
  moxie-softmmu-config-devices.h
  build.ninja

I'm surprised about build.ninja and Makefile.ninja? Don't they get
regenerated by the configure?

--
Alex Bennée