qemu-devel

Re: hexagon container update

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: hexagon container update
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 13:23:43 -0400

On 10/1/21 12:59 PM, Brian Cain wrote:
Alex,

We need to update the docker container used for hexagon for new test cases
proposed in Taylor's recent patch series under review.  Thankfully, CodeLinaro
has provided a binary of the hexagon cross toolchain so now I think we can
simplify the hexagon docker file to something like the below.  I hope this also
means that we can remove the exceptional handling for the hexagon container.

I can propose a patch but I'm not quite certain how to test it.

make docker-image-debian-hexagon-cross NOCACHE=1 V=1

and then make check-tcg to use the new image.

The "--no-check-certificate" argument to wget is very bad but I'm not quite
certain how to upgrade/change the container's certificate store to accept the
apparently-legit-but-perhaps-newer-than-expected certificate presented by
codelinaro.jfrog.io.

Hum.  This all suggests that it would be better to update the build-toolchain
script.

RUN cd /tmp && \
     wget --quiet --no-check-certificate ${CLANG_URL}
RUN cd /opt && \
     tar xf /tmp/clang+llvm-Sept-2021-cross-hexagon-unknown-linux-musl.tar.xz

You'd want to remove the tarball as well.

r~