qemu-devel

Re: hexagon container update

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: hexagon container update
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 22:44:57 +0100

On Fri, 1 Oct 2021, 18:59 Brian Cain, <bcain@quicinc.com> wrote:
> [...]

Ok -- so the intent of the NOCACHE is that it will force the use of my newly modified Dockerfile and not the one in the qemu container repository?

> > The "--no-check-certificate" argument to wget is very bad but I'm not quite
> certain how to upgrade/change the container's certificate store to accept the
> apparently-legit-but-perhaps-newer-than-expected certificate presented by
> codelinaro.jfrog.io.
>
> Hum.  This all suggests that it would be better to update the build-toolchain
> script.

If there's any trust concerns we can verify the download in the dockerfile using the hash file for the tarball and/or the gpg signature.

The build-toolchain is a bit of a hassle given the processing time, it'd be great to avoid it.  If the hash or signature check doesn't suffice I will investigate how to update debian10's signatures.  Are we bound to debian10 for all the containers?  If using a different basis was effective at resolving this issue, could I select a different one?

Sure, debian11 is now stable. We try and avoid rolling releases as a base but the latest debian should be fine.

> > RUN cd /tmp && \
> >      wget --quiet --no-check-certificate ${CLANG_URL}
> > RUN cd /opt && \
> >      tar xf /tmp/clang+llvm-Sept-2021-cross-hexagon-unknown-linux-
> musl.tar.xz
>
> You'd want to remove the tarball as well.

Yes, good point.