qemu-devel

Re: TARGET_SYS_HEAPINFO and Cortex-A15 memory map

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: TARGET_SYS_HEAPINFO and Cortex-A15 memory map
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 18:56:08 +0300

> On 25 Jul 2022, at 18:43, Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
>
> ... the memory map for the 'virt' board doesn't change for the a72
> versus the a15. In both cases, the memory from 0x0 to 0x08000000
> is the flash memory. So QEMU is incorrect to have reported that as
> the place to put the heap in SYS_HEAPINFO.

Could you also update the documentation pages to reflect the actual memory map
for the Arm devices? It took me some time and experimentation to find this for
my tests.

> I suspect the fix to this bug is going to be "make sure that
> SYS_HEAPINFO doesn't consider memory regions that are rom-devices"

Sounds ok.

> You don't mention which QEMU version you are using.

7.0.0

> Do you have a test binary I can reproduce this with? That would save
> me a little time.

I have a template project that can generate several binaries intended to run on
QEMU:

- https://github.com/micro-os-plus/hello-world-qemu-template-xpack/

The only prerequisite is npm/xpm, the rest of the dependencies are handled
automatically.

If this does not work for you, please tell me exactly which binary you need,
and I can try to generate it.

Thank you,

Liviu