qemu-devel

Re: TARGET_SYS_HEAPINFO and Cortex-A15 memory map

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: TARGET_SYS_HEAPINFO and Cortex-A15 memory map
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 20:51:36 +0300

> On 25 Jul 2022, at 20:33, Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
>
> ... I'll try a setup with code in flash and
> data in RAM, that sounds like it might be a way to cause the
> problem if there's not much code and a lot of data (because
> then the remaining space in the flash is larger than the
> remaining space in the RAM.)

My tests use several hundred KB of text (the C++ runtime) and a few tens of KB
of bss+data; I don't know how to compute the remaining space, since I don't
know the default sizes of flash & ram.

I do have some experience with linker scripts for Cortex-M devices, and I can
tweak the projects generated by my template to allocate text in flash, but I
have no experience with Cortex-A devices; if you tell me exactly at what
address you want the program started, I can try to provide you a binary.

Liviu