qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] ATY 'NDRV'

From: Jd Lyons
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] ATY 'NDRV'
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 18:43:15 -0400

Th ATI Driver Update extension from 9.2.2 has these ‘NDRV’s for the Rage128.

ATY,Rage128k
ATY,Rage128Pk
ATY,Rage128Ps
ATY,Rage128s
ATY,Rage128y
ATY,Rage128Pd
ATY,Rage128P2ks

I thought I was able to use them in a very limited mode, however checking the
IOReg I see the display “NDRV’ from the Mac OS ROM. So the Rage128 ‘NDRV’s try
to load, but at some point they abort and never get built in the device tree
for the card.

So maybe the FCode can fix these issues.

BTW does anyone know how to trail the serial output of Qemu?

May debug trace of “ate*”  and “pci*" is longer than the line buffer of my
terminal and I’d like to be able to save it as a text file.

Something like -serial stdio > atidebug.txt.