qpimd-users

Re: [qpimd-users] querry related qpimd

From: Everton Marques
Subject: Re: [qpimd-users] querry related qpimd
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:09:22 -0300

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 1:11 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:

>         I was going through the code of pimd module of quagga. I
> could not understand pim_interface and pim_ifchannle structures purpose
> from the abstract sense? If anyone has any idea about it, then can you
> please tell me?

Hi,

Zebra lib defines an opaque member "info" under "struct interface",
where modules are expected to store protocol-specific
per-interface information. Thus qpimd stores its per-interface
information under "struct pim_interface". The member "info" of
"struct interface" is a pointer to "struct pim_interface".

"struct pim_ifchannel" stores the per-interface (S,G,I) state.

Cheers,
Everton