qpimd-users

[qpimd-users] Re: [quagga-users 11059] querry related with zebra archite

From: Everton Marques
Subject: [qpimd-users] Re: [quagga-users 11059] querry related with zebra architecture and pim
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 10:04:12 -0300

Hi Bhavin,

mail the following address: address@hidden

>     But when i was going through th code of pimd module i have found that
> the multicast entry in the kernel is enterd with the help of socket
> function in pim_mroute.c program.

Yes, that is correct, qpimd currently handles the MFC directly thru an
mroute socket.

>     Can anyone tell me abstract view of how multicasting entry in the kernel
> routing table(mfc) is created or removed?

Every global (S,G) state is stored in "struct pim_upstream",
see pim_upstream.h. You will find the corresponding MFC
information under the member "channel_oil".

You can find the MFC API here:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Multicast-HOWTO-7.html

> The othre thing is what if i just
> use pimd and zebrad and no unicast dameon then will it be capable of getting
> rpf information? If yes then from where?

Only if you enter the RPF information as static routes in zebrad,
since pimd relies solely on zebrad to get unicast RPF information.

Cheers,
Everton