qpimd-users

[qpimd-users] querry realted with vifs and ifs in pimd

From: bhavin81
Subject: [qpimd-users] querry realted with vifs and ifs in pimd
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 19:58:20 +0530

Hello friends,

  Can you please tell me am i right or wrong as far as my abstarct
level understanding of vifs and ifs in pimd?

-> Each interface which is known as interface in pimd has pim_interface
and they have ifindex(interface's) and vifindex(pim_interface's)
respectively.  Every interface as well as pim_inteface has primary
address.

  if i am correct then can anyone tell me why are we duplicating same
information in both interface and pim_interface? Is it due to dependance
of quagga on other moduels or is it standarda way of defining inteface
for each daemon?

Regards,
Bhavin