qvm86-devel

Re: [qvm86-devel] New changes

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [qvm86-devel] New changes
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 08:00:42 +0200

I just did a quick test on Windows XP host.

I had some pb to do a compilation on the snapshots from dad-answers.
Notably slirp/udp.*, which I had copied back from version 0.7.0

After a successful compilation, here are the first results...

Linux guest:
- nbench reports a 6x increase of speed on numeric sort
- but then it crashes when reaching the string sort :(
(maybe the snapshot does not contain all the latest patches?)

Windows PE guest:
- I gain ~2 seconds on 33 seconds of previous time for booting
- but tugzip gets an exception error
(again: maybe the snapshot does not contain all the latest patches?)

It's promising overall :)
The more responsive touch is here indeed :)

Christian