qvm86-devel

Re: [qvm86-devel] New changes

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [qvm86-devel] New changes
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:36:02 -0400

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 08:46:45AM +0200, Christian MICHON wrote:
> good for you :)
>
> are you trying to "over-sell" gtk ? with "-serial stdio", I would expect
> no need to use any graphic layer :)

I didn't notice that. I use a shell script to start qemu, which passes the
-use-gtk flag (as well as several other options that I like for qemu).

I could test it again with SDL or nographic, but I doubt that would make a
difference.

> yet something doesn't look right. The numbers don't look right...
>
> If you're testing on a x86-32 machine, which I would assume is above
> 1Ghz, you should get indexes around 4 to 6 times higher (last column).
>
> It looks as if:
> - yes, qvm86 is enabled
> - no, qvm86 is not accelerating anything
>
> For info, on my windows 1.6GHz pentium M, I get 0.99 for
> NUMERIC SORT without qvm86 acceleration, but I get 5.86
> with qvm86 acceleration.
>
> What is the arch of your 2.4.26 linux machine ?
>
> Christian

According to uname -a,

Linux hast 2.4.26 #7 Tue Nov 16 19:06:42 EST 2004 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+
AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

Strange.