Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Bump major release version for rdiff-backup?

From: Derek Atkins
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Bump major release version for rdiff-backup?
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 09:21:21 -0400

Hi,

Otto Kekäläinen <address@hidden> writes:

> Next I will focus on the issues I've self-assigned:
> https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues/assigned/ottok
> I also need to wait a few days for librsync2 to sync from Debian to
> Ubuntu so that I can continue making the CI pipeline and testing PPAs
> so that people on this mailing list can easily help out with testing.

For what it's worth, Fedora 29 seems to have librsync-2.0.2 by default.
But I do backup older systems so I think it is imperative that
rdiff-backup-2 be wire-compatible with older versions.

It sounds like that will be the case, but please make sure that is part
of the test system, that one can use version 2 with version 1.2.8 (in
either direction).

Thanks!

-derek
--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       address@hidden             www.ihtfp.com