remotecommunication

Re: ToX

From: Sergey Matveev
Subject: Re: ToX
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 15:05:38 +0300

Greetings!

*** address@hidden [2020-05-15 09:43]:
>Is ToX recommended by free software community as a communication tool
>or not? Or are there any problems related to this protocol and software?

Possibly that page is a bit outdated:
https://chefkochblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/05/r-i-p-tox-messenger/
but there are much sad in Tox development. Personally I tried it and it
worked pretty well, even audio/video calls on FreeBSD machine under
Toxic client. But! Its cryptographic security issue:
https://github.com/TokTok/c-toxcore/issues/426
makes and forces me to stop using it, because it is unacceptable (at
least for me) security protocol from cryptography point of view -- it
is just not serious, especially taking in consideration that there are
many proven and well-studied protocols (Noise for example).

--
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)