repo-criteria-discuss

Re: GitLab nonfree JS code

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: GitLab nonfree JS code
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 11:57:33 -0500

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> [I sent this message a few weeks ago but did not get a response.
> I think this issue is very important.  We should stop praising GitLab
> if it has done this]

> I've read that GitLab now requires nonfree software both to make an
> account (recaptcha) and to do various operations once you have an
> account.

Can you relay any details about the nonfree js other than recaptcha?

There is an FSF intern who is working on reviewing sr.ht and
pagure. Sr.ht already had a mostly complete review, he'll be sending
info today or early next week. So it would be nice to downgrade gitlab
at the same time as publishing another site.