repo-criteria-discuss

Re: repo criteria changes

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: repo criteria changes
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 19:10:40 -0400

On Wed, 09 Jun 2021 23:32:59 -0400 Richard wrote:
>    <li id="A4"><p>Does not permit nonfree licenses (or lack of license) for
> +      works for practical use, in public repos.

we discussed changes to A4 previously, and decided on the
wording:

> A4: "Does not permit non-free licenses for publicly-accessible repos"
per:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/repo-criteria-discuss/2021-03/msg00058.html

the meaning is essentially the same - its just a matter of
verbosity - i do prefer "publicly-accessible repos" to
"public repos" though

i have made some patches for many of the items on the "recap of
current proposals" thread (including A4)

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/repo-criteria-discuss/2021-05/msg00000.html

i am working now to consolidate them into a single patch per
file; because the changes are so closely packed, that it would
make each individual patch difficult to apply separately - i
could post them separately for discussion; though most of the
changes have been thoroughly discussed already