repo-criteria-discuss

Re: repo criteria changes

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: repo criteria changes
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 17:28:18 -0400

On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 08:32:05PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:

>   > What does "forwards elsewhere" mean? If I setup an email forwarding,
>   > that is done on my email server, no one else knows about it.
>
> It would seem that way, but I am sure someone presented a real concern.
> Unfortunately I can't find that mail now.  I don't know where to look
> or what words to search for.

My recollection is that this is to say repos, for account registration, should
not refuse to accept certain kinds of email addresses / providers that are
known to support anonymity (for example by being dynamic / single-use). I think
some sites don't accept these kinds of addresses, in order to fight abuse /
automated attacks.

-john