repo-criteria-discuss

Re: Need for some guidelines to improve participation

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Need for some guidelines to improve participation
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 20:02:53 -0400

  > judicious quoting is very helpful - many message are being
  > quoted entirely, with small replies weaved in, top, bottom, or
  > middle - that is confusing, even for people who are very
  > accustomed to mailing list conversations

I can affirm that.  I ask everyone to quote only the pertinent
passages.  Quote the whole message at first if you like, but if it is
long, please delete the parts you are NOT responding to.

I use a free mail client which I have to maintain myself.
It might work better with threading, but I don't have time to
add that feature and I don't expect anyone else will.

I can select messages with the same Subject field.  I do that often.
Nonetheless, reading and grasping many messages is hard work
and sometimes I am compelled to ignore them, even though they
are worth reading.