repo-criteria-discuss

Re: Please review codeberg.org

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: Please review codeberg.org
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 21:29:09 -0400

On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 20:33:59 -0400 Richard wrote:
>   >   Does not recommend SaaSS services, operated by other hosts. (A5)
>
>   >   Any recommended SaaSS services operated by the same host, also
>   >   pass all 'C' criteria. (C7)
>
> Why make this distinction?  I just don't see the reason to.

that was to illuminate, that all forges on this list, and under
review, are SaaSS, without exception - the entire purpose of this
list is to recommend SaaSS - that may not have been so obvious
when this list was created; but it is today

it is an absurdity, to require that the forge (which is itself
SaaSS, and recommended on this list), may not in turn, recommend
some other form of SaaSS, especially if that is also operated by
the same host as the forge

this was to offer a concession, that the secondary SaaSS service
may be permissible, if it is operated by the same host under
review, and also meets the criteria

if this list were rating self-hosting forge software, the "Does
not recommend SaaSS" criteria would be more reasonable