repo-criteria-discuss

Re: Please review codeberg.org

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Please review codeberg.org
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 19:58:36 -0400

  > Take mentions for example. Say the functionality is you get an
  > notification when someone @you in an issue tracker.

I am not sure what "when someone @you" means.

                                                        Is this SaaSS?

Not in my view.  This is an ancillary part of a communication activity.
We should not make a fuss about little ancillary computations
in communication activities.

  > Suppose Forge A sends an email to the user for every issue message
  > like most forges do, then you can set up the notification by you
  > own using the mail client. So it is SaaSS.

Are you talking about the decision to send you the notification?  That
is also an ancillary part of a communication activity.

All communication activity includes parts that are computational.
We should not be too fussy about them when we judge what is SaaSS,
because that would only make trouble for ourselves.