reproduce-devel

[Reproduce-devel] [bug #56715] Check for working C and Fortran compiler

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [Reproduce-devel] [bug #56715] Check for working C and Fortran compiler
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2019 18:35:07 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: makhlaghi
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

It can happen that the host C or Fortran compilers don't work properly, even
if they are present. For example with errors like this (both happened on
different macOS systems).

For the C compiler

conftest.c:9:19: fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
 #include <stdio.h>
                   ^
compilation terminated.

For the Fortran compiler

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libisl.10.dylib
Referenced from:
/Users/Mahdieh/anaconda2/gcc/libexec/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin15.5.0/4.9.3/f951
Reason: image not found
gfortran: internal compiler error: Abort trap: 6
-verbatim

These errors usually show up during the configuration of the programs (the C
error in `flock' and the Fortran error in WCSLIB).

But since the actual report of the configure-time checks are in their
`config.log' and within the project's closed environment, its much more easier
and clear for the users if we check them at the start of the configure script,
before actually building any of the software.  I am busy adding some small
tests to do this.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?56715>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/