reproduce-devel

[sr #110710] GCC building failed on a CentOS based manylinux2014_x86_64

From: Jash Shah
Subject: [sr #110710] GCC building failed on a CentOS based manylinux2014_x86_64 system
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 15:00:59 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #2, sr #110710 (project reproduce):

Thanks for the quick reply Mohammad!

Yes, I did go with the --host-cc option, and the project was configured
without any errors! I also moved forward with building the Python wheels,
without modifying any dependencies or the _high-level.mk_ for now, and the
wheel had very less amount of dependencies than before!

Now, I'm trying by modifying the _high-level.mk_ file, where I move all the
_.so_ files of the dependencies of Gnuastro
<https://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Dependencies.html>
out of the _/build/software/installed /lib_ directory, so that the
libgnuastro.so file is built statically.

== Reproduce the Problem ==

1. Clone the https://gitlab.com/makhlaghi/gnuastro-in-maneage-static repo.
2. Have docker setup in your environment.
3. Follow the steps in
https://gitlab.com/makhlaghi/gnuastro-in-maneage-static#only-software-environment-in-the-docker-image
4. Except in Step 3, change line 1 in Dockerfile to

FROM quay.io/pypa/manylinux2014_x86_64:latest

5. The error appears after running step 10.

I've also attached a longer .log file of the output of ./project configure.

(file #53653)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: gcc-failed.log                 Size:1166 KB
    <https://file.savannah.nongnu.org/file/gcc-failed.log?file_id=53653>

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110710>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/