ruqueue-user

[Ruqueue-user] Re: ruqueue

From: John Fulton
Subject: [Ruqueue-user] Re: ruqueue
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:21:22 -0400 (EDT)

Jon,

I'm CC'ing the ruQueue list since others installing
ruQueue with LDAP might find this usefull.

If ldap_connect() is an undefined function then PHP
doesn't know about it.  You might have LDAP installed
and you might have PHP installed, but it sounds like
you don't have them installed to talk to eachother.

Use PHP's phpinfo function:

 http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.phpinfo.php

To verify this.  Search for the string "ldap" and see
if LDAP Support is enabled.  For an example of a PHP
installation with LDAP working see:

 http://mssg-lamp.rutgers.edu/info.php

Search this page for all instances of LDAP and see if
you're phpinfo function produces something similar.

If you're installing from source, you should get LDAP
installed and when you configure PHP you should tell it
to refernece the path where LDAP was installed.  If you
installed MySQL with PHP you must have done the same thing
(if you compiled from source).

If you're using some sort of package system see if there's
a package for getting the two of them to talk.  For example,
Debian GNU/Linux let's you install MySQL and PHP, but then
you need to install a package called php4-mysql-mod to get
PHP and MySQL to talk:

 http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/php4-mysql.html

and then you need to install php4-ldap to get LDAP and PHP
to talk:

 http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/php4-ldap.html

I.e. if I hadn't of installed the above package I'd see
the same error that you mentioned.

You'll also need LDAP installed with SSL since the RU LDAP
server will require it.  It can be tricky to get it all
working.

Once you get them talking to each other these directions
should help you take it from there:

 http://mssg-lamp.rutgers.edu/ldap/#apache

Note the above assumes that PHP and LDAP are talking and then
shows you how to get it talking to the Rutgers LDAP server.
The above describes a configuration file that you need to
place in ru_ldap_auth.php.  That will be the only change you
need to make to ruQueue, since ruQueue comes ready to talk
to the RU LDAP server.  If you see this thread:

 http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/ruqueue-user/2005-10/msg00002.html

You'll see that someone else is considering impelmenting their
own LDAP routines to talk to their server.  You won't have to
worry about that aspect since you'll be using the Rutgers LDAP
server.

  John

--

John Fulton, Web Developer, Rutgers University - NBCS
http://www.nbcs.rutgers.edu/      732.445.6950 x 6032