savannah-hackers

Re: Mailing List Creation Issues

From: Ineiev
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 16:35:38 +0000

On Fri, Jun 09, 2023 at 12:24:08PM +0200, Miguel Ángel Arruga Vivas wrote:

> On the other hand, I tried to delete mbenchmark-bug from Savannah
> interface.  Savannah said "List mbenchmark-bug deleted" but the list to
> remove is still listed here[1].  Is this behaviour expected?

As far as I understand, removing the list just means that no further
emails will land there; no data is removed from the server.

> I understand it might take some time to update the web page, but the
> description change is instantaneous.

No, all scripts run when you requested the deletion; there is
nothing more to wait.

> I don't want to waste space on the servers, and also I'd like to avoid
> misnaming issues in the future.

I've just removed the directories of mbenchmark-bug by hand,
but generally it's reasonable to leave it and forget.

> I can't go through the admin
> interface[2] now though, I didn't request the password renewal
> beforehand---my bad.

You must be able to reset admin passwords of your lists from
https://savannah.nongnu.org/mail/admin/?group=mbenchmark

Please let me know it that doesn't work for you.