savannah-register-public

[task #16238] Submission of Fidei - Take back your faith

From: Florian sp1rit
Subject: [task #16238] Submission of Fidei - Take back your faith
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 14:35:00 -0400 (EDT)

[comment #3 comment #3:]
> Thanks, but I'm afraid, no, it wasn't fixed.
>
> Please use a canonical form of the license notices, "This file is
distributed under the same license as Fidei" won't do, and the addition "and
CC-BY-SA-4.0" makes it really confusing; whenever you use a license that isn't
included in the license notice (like many permissive licenses), you should add
a copy of that license to your tarball; I can't find licenses for files in
screenshots/, and so on.  Please check the link from comment #1  again.

The thing with the CC-BY-SA-4.0 is, that AppStream requires the metadata to be
licensed under a few specific licenses[0], AGPL-3.0 not being one of them. The
page you linked doesn't really specify how to handle such a "dual licensing"
case.

All files that carry "This file is distributed under the same license as
Fidei" end up inside the binary (via GResource), so I'd like to avoid having
the same half a kilobyte of license header a bunch of times in the compiled
binary. Is there an alternative shorter form of the AGPL-3.0 license header I
could use instead?

[0]:
https://github.com/ximion/appstream/blob/eb6891e7447be28ee123bfd4a1a6db9aa8085dc8/src/as-spdx.c#L539

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?16238>