savannah-register-public

[task #16238] Submission of Fidei - Take back your faith

From: Ineiev
Subject: [task #16238] Submission of Fidei - Take back your faith
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 15:01:29 -0400 (EDT)

[comment #4 comment #4:]

> The thing with the CC-BY-SA-4.0 is, that AppStream requires the metadata to
be licensed under a few specific licenses[0], AGPL-3.0 not being one of them.

I'm out of context.  AppStream is a free software, isn't it?  Then one can
modify that function to include any strings needed.

> The page you linked doesn't really specify how to handle such a "dual
licensing" case.

You have to understand what the licenses you use imply and how they combine.
For more info, you can check the [//www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html GPL FAQ]
and the [//www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html GNU License List].

> All files that carry "This file is distributed under the same license as
Fidei" end up inside the binary (via GResource), so I'd like to avoid having
the same half a kilobyte of license header a bunch of times in the compiled
binary. Is there an alternative shorter form of the AGPL-3.0 license header I
could use instead?

Comments in source code shouldn't affect the size of the executable; if they
do and the size is important, then you should reconsider your building
process.  The developer shouldn't compromise between source code readability
and the efficiency of the translated binary.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?16238>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/