savannah-users

Re: may a program using LaTeX be hosted in Savannah

From: Daniel Molina
Subject: Re: may a program using LaTeX be hosted in Savannah
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 17:41:12 +0200

Thanks for the answer, Karl.

In my case I do not modify any LaTeX code, I just generate png's with a
LaTeX environment,

some of them interactively some of them for the UI buttons (the program
is an equation editor).

Images generated with LaTeX are really simple, for example just
including a Greek letter, so I even

do not find legitimate to "strongly" license them with a CC-BY-SA, for
example. At some point I'll

need to ask for legal details about licensing the stuff the right way.

Thanks also for pointing out Puszcza, I will probably consider it if I
finally do not move to Savannah.

(The program currently uses Qt, which I know that does not pass Savannah
hosting requirements,

but I am in the middle of a rewriting and maybe I move to Gtk)

Best,

Daniel