screen-devel

[screen-devel] error with Cygwin

From: Dale Pippert
Subject: [screen-devel] error with Cygwin
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 10:36:01 -0500

When I run Cygwin64's screen 4.07.00 with bash shell I am seeing errors such as:

$ cat b | xargs grep foo
assertion "bc_ctl.arg_max >= LINE_MAX" failed: file "/usr/src/findutils-4.6.0-1.x86_64/src/findutils-4.6.0/xargs/xargs.c", line 500, function: main
Aborted (core dumped)

I do not see this error outside screen, ie if I just pull up a Cygwin bash shell.

The file b is:

hello.txt
world.txt

These two text files can be empty or not, doesn't matter.

This is on Windows 10, with Cygwin64. Not sure the version of Cygwin64 but it is recent. Never used to get this error so I believeĀ it is something new.

Tried re-installing screen package from the usual Cygin site but that did not help.