security-discuss

Re: [security-discuss] FSF has a duty to flag GNU Radio for violations (

From: Svetlana Tkachenko
Subject: Re: [security-discuss] FSF has a duty to flag GNU Radio for violations (was: s/w that requires middleman..)
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2017 21:59:07 +1100

Alfred,

[ We were asked to not include directory-discuss in this discussion. I
am removing it. ]

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <address@hidden> wrote:
>    When a GFDL is packaged with *some* documentation (any at all), I
>    believe the GFDL becomes enforceable.  And consequently, the act of
>    excluding some documentation from the package then becomes legally
>    actionable, and rightly so.
>
> Removing documentation from a software program is legal, and protected
> under the four software freedoms.

The issue is not about excluding documentation from the program.

The alleged "violation" relates to gnuradio.org using cloudflare, so
that TOR users face a proprietary captcha and are unable to get a copy
of the program or its documentation from the official website. These
users still are able to download a copy of the program via other means,
such as from a distribution packages source archives.

Svetlana