silpa-discuss

[silpa-discuss] SILPA instances

From: Santhosh Thottingal
Subject: [silpa-discuss] SILPA instances
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 10:07:29 +0530

Friends,
As you all aware silpa project is AGPL licensed and our infrastructure
model is a bit different. Instead of having high end server and
bandwidth capabilities, we  clone the servers in many nodes in
Internet.
As of now , there are 3 known instances running on Internet

1. http://smc.org.in/silpa - Primary node
2. http://thottingal.in/silpa - An instance I maintain in my own domain
3. http://aashiks.in/silpa  - An instance maintained by my friend Ashik S.

In addition to this, SILPA co-developer Vasudev has a clone running in
his machine, but that may not be up and running always.

All these nodes regularly  updates automated/manually from the git
source code repository hosted in GNU Savannah.

We are yet to decide and design a connection and communication
mechanism among these cloned instances.

We encourage people to clone the git repository to your server/domain
and run a clone there. Detailed information on how to do this is
explained in documentation available in any of the above mentioned
clones. One can ask any doubts in this mailing list(silpa-discuss)
too.

Thanks
Santhosh Thottingal