silpa-discuss

Re: [silpa-discuss] Rebranding Silpa Project

From: Vasudev Kamath
Subject: Re: [silpa-discuss] Rebranding Silpa Project
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 15:35:47 +0530

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 3:24 PM, Anivar Aravind
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I have a suggesion to rebrand silpa project
>
> Now we are the biggest Indic computing library .
> Apart from web we are now entered into mobile SDK segment as well after last
> gsoc
> Now we need more takers for silpa.
>
> I always felt a short form based naming is not a good way to attract and
> communicate the purpose of project . Can we adopt GNU kind of naming
> notations
>
> I am suggesting the name  'libindic'  for discussions

This has been in my mind for very long, I'm not against name SILPA but
the name is hard to explain if some one asks me what is with the name
and what project does. libindic sounds good to me, If others have more
name sugestions let it roll :)

--

Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info