silpa-discuss

Re: [silpa-discuss] Rebranding Silpa Project

From: Santhosh Thottingal
Subject: Re: [silpa-discuss] Rebranding Silpa Project
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 10:57:57 +0530

I am fine with renaming.

I had no idea in which direction the project will go when I used that name many years back. While the algorithms and libraries found many use cases, ported to different languages, we were very slow in expanding and improving the core libraries and algorithms. The set of modules did not increase in recent times in proportion to the increase of Indic language computing use cases. There are a few isolated or independent efforts in some Indic languages by passionate programmers. Fortunately or unfortunately, my hands are full. We need more hands. If renaming helps a bit there, it would be great.

Santhosh