skribilo-users

CI backed website with stable and development versions of the manual

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: CI backed website with stable and development versions of the manual
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 00:28:31 +0530

Hi,

I have set up continuous integration for the skribilo website (see
https://ci.systemreboot.net/jobs/skribilo-website) on my own server at
https://skribilo.systemreboot.net . The website gets updated on every
single commit.

This version of the website hosts both the development version[1] of the
manual and the stable version 0.9.5[2] of the manual. See
https://skribilo.systemreboot.net/doc/dev/en/user.html and
https://skribilo.systemreboot.net/doc/0.9/en/user.html respectively. The
plan is to have a version of the manual for every minor version release
of skribilo. Notice that I have also included the language (en) in the
URI in the hopes that we will later have translations of the manual.

Now, if only we could deploy this version of the website automatically
on every commit to our website at nongnu.org! ;-) Either that, or we
should move out of nongnu.org servers. ;-)

WDYT? Is the URI scheme satisfactory? If so, I will push a commit adding
links to the different versions of the manual from the home page. I will
also add permanent redirects to avoid breaking old documentation URIs.

Regards,
Arun