skribilo-users

Bug tracker for skribilo

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: Bug tracker for skribilo
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 10:02:53 +0530

Hi,

We need a bug tracker for skribilo. I'm slowly collecting bug reports in
an org file in my local machine, and I'd like to make it public. My hope
is that, if it were public, it might invite peope to hack on skribilo,
and contribute.

I see two choices for the bug tracker:

1. We use GNU Debbugs, and run our own instance of mumi[1] to present a
more palatable web frontend. I'm planning on improving mumi for Guix. We
could also benefit from that effort. And, I can volunteer to host mumi
on my own server.

2. We could expand the TODO file at
https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/skribilo.git/tree/TODO , and
publish it on the website as a web page. We could convert the TODO file
to outline mode and dogfood skribilo to generate this web page. Now that
we have CI, this web page would be updated on every commit.

WDYT? Both approaches have their pros and cons. Which might we prefer?

Regards,
Arun

[1]: https://git.elephly.net/gitweb.cgi?p=software/mumi.git