skribilo-users

Re: Bug tracker for skribilo

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Bug tracker for skribilo
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 09:04:28 +0100

Hi Arun,

Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> skribis:

>> There’s a 3rd option, which is to use the beautiful bug tracker at
>> <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=skribilo>.
>
> I didn't realize Savannah came with a bug tracker. But you're joking,
> right? :-) It seems even more ancient than Debbugs!

It’s about as ancient, but it’s web-only (and Web 1.0 :-)).

>> I have a preference for option #1, with or without a mumi instance
>> (running our own instance is extra work and another service to take care
>> of.)
>
> Sounds good! We can always postpone running a mumi instance. But, at
> some point, we should run one. The Debbugs web interface is really
> terrible, and will drive contributors away[1]. Mumi being in Guile land
> will give us a lot of control to perfect the UX.

Yup.

> How are we to get on GNU Debbugs? Will you be applying for it to the GNU
> admins? Or, should I?

I’m happy to let you apply, if you don’t mind.

BTW, I really enjoyed your talk at the Guix Days and the great proposals
you made.  I’d be happy to give a hand to push some of the ideas you
presented!  Maybe we need a hackathon to get started?

Ludo’.