skribilo-users

Re: Bug tracker for skribilo

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: Re: Bug tracker for skribilo
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 17:27:22 +0530

Hi Ludo,

> I’m happy to let you apply, if you don’t mind.

Sure, the process is underway! See
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-debbugs/2022-03/msg00001.html

> BTW, I really enjoyed your talk at the Guix Days and the great proposals
> you made.  I’d be happy to give a hand to push some of the ideas you
> presented!  Maybe we need a hackathon to get started?

Yes, definitely, plenty of ideas and lots of work to do! I think we
should meet up online more often. Guix Days once a year is too
infrequent. I'm thinking once every 3 or 4 months. It can get pretty
lonely working on Guix with no one to talk to.

Another idea that I didn't mention in the talk, is that we should use
Skribilo for the Guix manual! :-) It would be good for both Skribilo and
Guix. The kind of gymnastics (preprocessing, postprocessing and what
not) we currently have to do with texinfo is amazingly bad. "Documents
as software" is a powerful idea, and currently the skribilo manual
doesn't really do it justice. Imagine how much more consistent and
comprehensive the Guix manual could be if parts of it were
autogenerated. I'm all for developing skribilo into a full-fledged
texinfo replacement! :-)

Regards,
Arun